How are your products made?
- Printing Onto Glass prints on Glass utilizes a number of processes and printing equipment, depending on the application, budget and end result required. Most photographic pieces are printed on high gloss photographic media and mounted directly to the rear of the glass surface. The print can be transparent, translucent or opaque. Our glass pieces can be made for internal and external use. We can print completely opaque pieces which would suit artwork mounted on a wall, partially transparent pieces such as office reception signs where the logo is printed bold and the rest of the glass is left completely clear, partially opaque pieces which still let light through but cannot be seen through such as a glass toilet door, or less opaque pieces that cannot be seen through but show a distorted figure from the other side such as a bathroom window. Based on the specification or requirement you are aiming to achieve, we have a solution for you. We have the right product and solution to meet your needs.
Concealed Mount –
This form of mounting is our most popular choice. It is simple, easy to install and allows you to relocate your print as you wish. Your print is supplied with one split mounting batten attached to the rear of the print. The rest of the parts including screws and fixings come in the box with detailed installation instructions when we ship your print. No part of the mounting system is visible once your print is installed on the wall.
We supply the print with 4 or more holes in the corners of the glass, 30 mm in from each side and 4 or more 19 mm diameter metal stand-off fixings. The standard mounts we supply are visible and
stand the glass print 25 mm off the wall. This method is popular for signage and for prints with
transparent sections of glass.
We work with all of these substrates. However, glass is our passion and we believe there is no better choice. There are some big differences with these substrates:
- We only use ultra-clear toughened glass with no green tinge to ensure your image is perfect.
- Glass is a far superior product compared to acrylic.
- Glass, unlike acrylic, is flat so it will not distort your image.
- Glass, unlike acrylic does not generate static charge which attracts dust. Acrylic and dust are enemies.
- Glass is not soft like acrylic so it can be cleaned without fear of scratching. Acrylic is very soft and prone to micro scratches on the surface.
- Glass is structurally stiff and so it does not warp or bend like acrylic does when mounted with a printed image. When we use acrylic, a frame on the rear of the print is required to prevent the acrylic bending and twisting over time. As a result, acrylic is more expensive to manufacture and you end up with an inferior product.
- Acrylic is highly affected by UV light which discolors and crazes it. Glass is not affected by UV light.
- Glass is heavier than acrylic but surprisingly, not much heavier. Our 900 mm x 600 mm glass prints weigh 8 kg. The same item in acrylic weighs 6 kg.
- Glass is cheaper to manufacture than acrylic or canvas.
- Metal prints have the print mounted to the front and hence exposed to physical contact, dust and UV light. Glass and acrylic prints protect the image for life and glass limits the amount of UV light transmitted through it
- We often choose metal when a customer is looking for a matt surface or if the print is intended for external use and subjected to the elements. We can also print directly to brushed aluminum
with good effect.
- Transports costs Australia wide are identical for glass, acrylic, canvas and metal prints. Weight has little bearing. These goods are shipped by their volumetric weight.
- Canvas prints are a good choice where you are unable to permanently fix images to a wall. They are extremely light and can be put up with removable fixings. Your image, digitally printed on a
stretched canvas creates a personalized artwork, whereas framed photo prints are more modern.
- As a rule, allow 10 working days from the date of order, receipt of image and approval to proceed with your order. If you require your order in a hurry simply let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you.